Do you know how your business compares to similar businesses in your industry? Do you want a fresh perspective on your business financials, trends in your industry, and a budget for next year? Participate in the UMD Accounting Student to Business Initiative Program.
During the course of a semester, LSBE Accounting students will review your company’s financial information and provide you with:
- a three-year historical financial analysis
- a three-year ratio analysis
- a trend analysis of your business
- the opportunity to expand QuickBooks usage and reporting for your business
- the opportunity to prepare next year’s budget for your business
The accounting students will present this information in a final presentation at UMD CED and you will receive a report of their findings.
Access to financial and marketing information is required including the past 3 years of tax statements. All students participating in this program and the CED staff sign confidentiality agreements requiring them to keep all client information confidential.
The cost to participate in the Accounting SBI Program: Businesses are assessed a $50 fee to participate in the Accounting SBI Program. This fee is used to defer the cost of the final presentation materials presented to the business.
- Program offering:
- Fall (September – December)
- Deadline to apply to be considered for the program:
- Fall Semester: August
Interested companies are asked to answer the following questions before confirming participation in the program.