Receive quality training that will help you operate your business more efficiently, start a business, or advance your career.
To view the upcoming workshop dates and times or to register, click on the topic links below.
View the complete list of workshops titles with descriptions:
Business Workshops: Information to enhance your career, start a new business or strengthen your existing business.
Computer Workshops: Make today's business software start working for you. From computer basics to more advanced offerings, we offer workshops on software that is used in businesses everyday.
Online Business Workshops: There are opportunities for training online, including some of our most popular business workshops. Check out the online training opportunities provided by UMD CED, SBA, the IRS and more.
Customized Workshops: Tailor-made training sessions for companies and organizations. Do you need training on a specific software or program we don't offer? Do you want training that is specific to your companies needs? Contact the CED Workshop Coordinator to inquire about our customized training opportunties at 218-726-7298.
For information on workshop scholarships, please see the UMD CED resource library under "Tuition Reimbursement Sources"
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellations received more than 24 hours prior to the beginning of the workshop will be honored with a full refund.
- Participants failing to cancel their registration more than 24 hours prior to the beginning of the workshop will be charged the full registration fee.
- The UMD Center for Economic Development reserves the right to cancel any program not meeting minimum enrollment requirements. A full refund will be given if a workshop has been cancelled. Cancellations are made 24 hours prior to the beginning of each workshop.
Location and Directions
All workshop are held at the UMD CED office in the Duluth Technology Village (DTV), Suite 210 unless otherwise noted. The DTV is located in downtown Duluth on the upper northeast corner of Lake Ave E and Superior St--one block off I-35.
For detailed instructions and maps to the Duluth Technology Village, see: Locations.
From the West/Northwest: Grand Rapids, Virginia, and the Iron Range
Coming into Duluth on Minnesota Highway 194/U.S. Route 53, stay on 194/53 as it becomes Central Entrance. Continue on Central Entrance to 6th Avenue East. Take 6th Avenue East to Third Street. Turn right onto Third Street. Take Third Street to Lake Avenue. Turn left onto Lake Avenue. The Technology Village is on the northeast corner of Lake Avenue and Superior Street.
From the North/Northeast: Two Harbors and the North Shore of Lake Superior
Take Minnesota Highway 61 south to London Road. Follow London Road to 14th Avenue East. Turn right onto 14th Avenue East and go to the first traffic light, at Superior Street. Turn left onto Superior Street. Follow Superior Street to Lake Avenue. The Technology Village is on the northeast corner of Lake Avenue and Superior Street.
From the South: Minneapolis and St. Paul
Take I-35 North to the Lake Avenue exit. Turn left onto Lake Avenue. The Technology Village is on the northeast corner of Lake Avenue and Superior Street.
From the East: Wisconsin
Take U.S. Route 53 across the Blatnik Bridge into Duluth. Get on I-35 North and follow to Lake Avenue exit. Turn left onto Lake Avenue. The Technology Village is on the northeast corner of Lake Avenue and Superior Street.
Suggestions for Parking
Metered parking is available throughout the downtown Duluth area. These are the nearest ramps for hourly parking:
- Duluth Technology Village: ramp entrance on 1st Street between 1st Ave. E and Lake Ave.
- Minnesota Power: ramp entrance on Michigan Street between First Avenue West and Lake Avenue.
- Fond-du-Luth Casino: ramp entrance on Superior Street between First and Second Avenues East.
- U.S. Bank: ramp entrance on Michigan Street between Second Avenue West and First Avenue West.
- Wells Fargo: ramp entrance on Michigan Street between Third Avenue West and Second Avenue West.
NOTE: When you registering for a workshop you are also agreeing to receive the UMD CED electronic newsletter. You have the option of opting out at any time by clicking on the secure link provided at the bottom of each newsletter.
The Minnesota Small Business Development Center program is funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, and the sponsors of regional and local centers. SBA's funding is not an endorsement of any products, opinions or services. Small Business Development Center services are provided without discrimination as to race, gender, color, creed, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation. Upon prior request to the Small Business Development Center office from which services are sought, arrangements will be made to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.