Upper Midwest Basic Economic Development Course
July 21-25, 2014
Join us at the University of Minnesota Duluth Center for Economic Development in Duluth, Minnesota during the peak summer tourism season for a truly unique economic development educational program:
The Basic Economic Development Course (BEDC)
The Upper Midwest Economic Development Course is a comprehensive educational experience on the theory and practice of economic development fundamentals and is accredited by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). It fulfills the first prerequisites for those who wish to take the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) Examination. Join some of the nation's most knowledgeable and respected finance and economic development leaders, network with colleagues, and enjoy all Duluth has to offer!
The Basic Economic Development Course is designed for persons in positions related to economic development, including:
- Economic Development Professionals
- Public officials or staff engaged in economic development
- Members of local development organizations
The Basic Economic Development Course covers:
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Strategic Planning
- Economic Development Finance
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- Community/Neighborhood Development
- Real Estate Development and Reuse
- Workforce Development
- Managing Economic Development Organizations
Course Schedule: View the 2014 Agenda
For more information email email@example.com
Cost of Course: $600 per participant.
Registration Deadline: June 25, 2014
(after this date you will need email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about late registration)
Scholarships may be available:
The Minnesota Economic Development Foundation (MNEDF) - in process of updating for 2014.
Yet to be determined. Check back please.